This portion of the website was developed for use by new and existing users of AIS, so that they may self-direct their own learning experience.
At the conclusion of each Module, there will be a printable version of the Viewlets' content.
A practice training environment is provided for your convenience. Instructions for the training environment are available on each Unit page.
Important: Before performing the steps demonstrated in the modules below at your office location:
1. You must have access to the SIU Intranet.
2. Your PC must have JAVA installed. For instructions on how to install JAVA, click: Instructions to Install Java 6.
3. Depending on your browser's security settings, you may need to "allow blocked content" to run the Viewlet. For instructions on how to configure your browser, click: AIS Browser Settings.
4. You will need Adobe Reader to view the Printable Versions.
5. An alternate e-mail is required such as Outlook or Thunderbird to open embedded e-mail links.
After completing, Introduction to AIS Educational Tutorials, click the Unit 2: 11i Navigation link below, to begin your AIS self-directed education. (Unit 1 is necessary only if you are a new user).
Important: The tutorials below were developed in Oracle 11i. AIS has recently been upgraded to Release 12. Although there may be some changes in appearance, for the most part the functionality remains the same. After reviewing the necessary tutorials below, please be sure to check out our Release 12 eLearning page for any changes or new functionality.